In the place of an unused and completely exposed deck, these homeowners wanted to create an outdoor living space that they could enjoy during the day and which preserved and enhanced their beautiful views of the lake. The end result was an ideal outdoor living space that met all of the client’s needs.
Palmer’s Project Goals and Challenges
- The space needed to provide protection from insects and hot direct sun and also provide the homeowners with a barbeque and entertaining area.
- The project began in January, just as snow, ice and rain hit the Charlotte area.
- A decision was made to screen-in the existing deck, add a roof that tied into the existing house and build a step-down side deck for entertaining and barbequing. The screened space was wired for TV, stereo, lighting and a ceiling fan to accommodate a full range of uses.
- The addition tied into the multiple rooflines of the existing house and meshed perfectly with the home’s original structure.
- Many materials used in the project were selected to minimize future maintenance.
- In spite of snow, ice, rain and cold, the project was completed on schedule.