Wet bar renovation
With its dated cabinetry and nonworking icemaker, this wet bar was in need of a renovation and major update.
Palmer’s Project Goals and Challenges
- The major challenge in this project was that the client wanted to keep her existing wallpaper intact.
- We removed the nonworking appliance and reconfigured the space to allow for a new functional icemaker as well as a convenient, bar-sized dishwasher.
- Cabinetry was updated and decorative glass doors were installed in the upper cabinets to visually expand the space and highlight the owner’s beautiful glassware. Puck lighting provided much-needed task lighting.
- Throughout the project, we carefully matched the existing cutouts to preserve the integrity of the existing wallpaper.
- As an additional part of this project, we relocated a stackable washer and dryer that were in the master bedroom closet to a more convenient location in an underutilized portion of the master bath.
- An existing kitchen cabinet was modified to prepare for the installation of a counter height, wine cooling unit.