This family had a beautiful, 10-year-old home in the Ballantyne area. The original builder installed white Thermofoil cabinets throughout the master bath. Not only was the quality of the cabinets substandard for the home’s value, but they were definitely showing their age, as the Thermofoil was peeling off from the doors and drawers. In addition, an existing L-shaped shared vanity didn’t flow and lacked functional storage space.
- All of the hardware was “de-brassed,” as dated shiny brass hardware was replaced with a more subtle oil-rubbed bronze.
- Light fixtures were replaced to better mesh with the home’s new style.
- New separate vanities give both husband and wife their own space, which is visually separated by a tall corner cabinet that provides ample storage. Rich wood cabinet tones and refined oil-rubbed bronze fixtures create a warm and inviting room.
- Palmer Custom Builders was able to preserve the existing flooring in the master bathroom, which provided an additional cost savings to the client. The color of that existing flooring was successfully tied into the new tile that surrounds a new soaker tub and new master shower with dual showerheads.
- Remarkably, this entire project (which also included a kitchen remodel) was completed three weeks ahead of schedule, which made this family with two young children exceptionally happy.