Freestanding tub: Owners bathroom renovation
This bathroom was in need of a complete makeover. Like many homes built in its era, the centerpiece of the space was a very large and now-outdated Jacuzzi tub.
Bathroom renovation goals and challenges
- We wanted to replace the outdated pieces of this bathroom to create a functional and fresh space for the homeowners.
- We wanted to create better traffic flow in this small bathroom.
- The answer was a complete bathroom remodel that replaced the outdated components and improved the room’s flow and feel.
- We began this Waxhaw bathroom remodeling project by removing the existing Jacuzzi bathtub, which was completely obsolete. Since the owner enjoyed taking baths, we replaced it with a graciously sized, modern, freestanding soaking tub.
- We built a new, larger walk-in shower that was far more functional than the existing version.
- A new vanity cabinet, countertop, and sink refreshed the space.
- Updated faucets gave the room a modern feel.
- The dated, dark tile was replaced with contemporary porcelain floor tile, which made the room feel more open.
- Modern lighting replaced decades-old fixtures, bringing more light into the space.
- We installed a heat lamp that now makes exiting the shower much more comfortable during Waxhaw winters.
- The owners now have a refreshed bathroom that isn’t focused on an outdated and unused Jacuzzi tub.