This homeowner wanted to create a grilling porch, outdoor retreat and entertaining area for guests.
- We opted to attach a covered porch to the existing garage. I designed the new addition so the rooflines would work with the existing home, and we clad the structure in the same siding used on the main house.
- To minimize upkeep, we built the columns out of rot-resistant materials and opted for low-maintenance materials whenever possible.
- Travertine stone was laid over the concrete slab floor to create a beautiful surface that’s easy to maintain.
- We wanted to include a television, but wanted to keep it out of the elements and out of the way when it was not in use. We opted to install a 60” TV that drops down from the ceiling on a track controlled by a remote control. When the TV is up, the track is completely concealed in the bead board ceiling.
- We also ran plumbing and electrical connections for the sink, refrigerator and BBQ grill to create a fully functional outdoor kitchen.
- Recessed can lights illuminate the space, while ceiling fans provide ventilation and charm. A see-through gas fireplace positioned across from the bar completes the space.