Three-season screened porch
This existing screen porch detracted from the beauty of a gracious outdoor living area. Since it was a corner lot that backed to busy Providence Road, traffic noise was a concern. These type of challenges are common in Charlotte, and converting an existing screened porch into a more functional three-season room is a fantastic option.
Palmer’s Project Goals and Challenges
- Create a gracious living area that was in keeping with the style of the home.
- Reduce the level of street noise.
- Repair extensive ceiling damage caused by improper installation of the wrong product.
- We enclosed the existing screened-in porch with insulated walls and beautiful floor-to-ceiling windows. Existing, narrow exterior 4 x 4 posts were replaced with more substantial, 8 x 8 rough-sawn posts with decorative arms. The resulting look was much more in keeping with the gracious style of the home.
- We replaced and insulated the entire ceiling (see repairs – ceiling repair for more detailed information).
- The insulated walls and ceiling virtually eliminated the road noise.
- A durable, stamped-concrete floor provides an attractive and low-maintenance surface.
- The homeowners now have a protected area from which they can enjoy the beauty of their backyard all year long.