These homeowners wanted to enjoy their spacious backyard, but only had a deck that was fully exposed to the summer sun and open to the elements. This sunroom addition was the perfect solution.
Palmer’s Project Goals and Challenges
- We wanted to provide both an enclosed area and an open area for grilling within a single project.
- We wanted to marry the new architecture with the style of the existing home.
- We recycled the existing deck, and reinforced its substructure to support the additional weight of the covered porch.
- We connected the covered porch to the kitchen, allowing for easy access to the space. A new deck and grilling area were added one step down from the covered porch, allowing for better flow of traffic when entertaining and giving the homeowners easy access to their backyard.
- The distinctive color of the addition blends well with the existing brick color and trim work.