This 1950’s-era ranch home with a basement was due for a makeover. Two bathrooms were completely gutted and remodeled, and a kitchen makeover, initially started by the client, was completed by Palmer Custom Builders.
Palmer’s Project Goals and Challenges
- Several areas of an aging house, including two of its three baths, needed to be updated.
- We were faced with the challenge of updating the electrical service and dealing with old clogged plumbing pipes.
- Bathroom renovations were staggered to smooth the homeowner’s construction experience.
- Water and drain lines were re-plumbed and electrical wiring redone to correct existing issues.
- Major bathroom upgrades, including cabinets, countertops, tile, floors and walls, were completed.
- In the kitchen, hanging cabinets that divided the kitchen from the adjoining eating area were removed to visually open up the space. A new kitchen island, cabinets, hardware, sink, countertops and paint complete the update.